Skip to Content
Probation Violations

Milwaukee Probation Violation Lawyer

Call a Former Prosecutor: (414) 882-8382

If you or a loved one is facing even the potential of having your probation revoked, then you must act immediately to hire an experienced Milwaukee probation violation attorney who knows how to handle probation cases.

Why Choose Our Law Office?

  • More than 20 years of trusted experience
  • Former prosecutor with the insights you need
  • 1,000s of criminal cases successfully handled
  • Available 24/7 to answer your calls

If a person allegedly violates the terms made by the probation officer, then he/she could face administrative revocation and be sent back to jail. The same is true for extended supervision violations. Once released from prison, that person is released to extended supervision, or parole. That person must abide by all of the conditions of his/her extended supervision or face revocation of that supervision. If an accusation could send you or a loved one back to jail, contact the Law Offices of Christopher J. Cherella today.

Discuss the details of your probation violation charge for free.

What Happens After a Probation is Violated?

After a person has violated his/her probation or extended supervision, then administrative process commences. There are Alternatives to Revocation (ATR) that must be considered by the probation officer before making a final decision to revoke one's supervision. It is important that the criminal defense attorney that you hire contact the probation officer as soon as possible so as to discuss any possible ATR immediately. Every revocation case is different and should be treated uniquely. Attorney Cherella has the experience and know how to assist right away in looking into the potential for an ATR.

In general, the process after a parole violation is as follows:

  • If a person has violated his/her probation or extended supervision and no ATR is given to the person, then he/she will first be subject to an administrative hearing process. That hearing will take place before a Wisconsin Administrative Law Judge.
  • If the matter is successfully defended at that stage, then the person is released back to probation or extended supervision.
  • If the person is administratively revoked and the Court originally imposed but stayed a specific jail or prison sentence, then the person may be sent back to jail or prison.
  • If the person is administratively revoked, and the Court originally withheld a specific sentence, then he/she will have to go back before the trial judge for sentencing after revocation. At court, a judge will review the person's case and may even listen to testimony from the person's probation officer. It is ultimately for the Court to determine the precise amount of jail or prison sentence to be served at that point in the process.

Milwaukee Probation Violation Lawyer Available 24/7

At the Law Offices of Christopher J. Cherella, we are fully prepared to handle your probation or extended supervision violation case. Our attorney has a thorough understanding of all areas of probation and extended supervision violations. We are also available 24/7 for your FREE case evaluation.

See What Our Past Clients Are Saying

    "Hands down best lawyer"
    Chris is an excellent lawyer. Fights for everything he can get us more.
    - Former Client
    "I felt like I could finally trust someone"
    For the first time I feel like I can trust someone who truly wanted to help me and not just take my money. he is truly a good person and is good at what he does for others.
    - Lori C.
    "Zealous advocate for his clients"
    He pleaded my case with zealousness and was able to help get a result that was more than satisfying.
    - Barry
    "Chris is an excellent lawyer and I would recommend him to anyone."
    I have the highest regard for Attorney Cherella and would recommend him highly for legal representation.
    - Troy
    "A Real No-Nonsense Guy"
    The outcome was better then expected, and the issues are now in the past.
    - David
    "Chris Is a Hard Worker and Won't Take You for Granted"
    Because of his preparations, we never saw a courtroom. He made sure every aspect of the case was covered and kept us informed of everything he was learning.
    - Former Client